Keg filling shut offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg filling shut offs

I've always seen the GW Kent ones - but $150 always seemed a bit much.

Now i see these from Foxx - $15 seems great. Has anyone used them?

$15 is only the vent valve, assembles tube with ball, and beer nut barb fitting.
    Todd G Hicks
    BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

No I think it's just the vent. Thats the crazy part. Unless I'm missing something.

The whole unit is 269

This keg filler comes with a premium MicroMatic keg coupler and our exclusive auto-stop attachment. It fills a keg in 8-10 minutes and then shuts off the flow automatically. No more overflows. No more wasted time baby-sitting your kegs while filling. You can even fill multiple kegs at the same time by hooking several up to a manifold. Our SKU # 3210 and # 3211 are examples of how this can be done. Spare parts are always available here at G.W. Kent. Over 20,000 of these great keg fillers are in use today on 5 continents. It pays for itself quickly from savings in labor and spilled beer.

Still, if someone has tried the Foxx one pipe in.

Comment

I don't understand why the Foxx one is needed, on the picture there's clearly already another shutoff on the vent side. Why wouldn't you just use that shutoff to control the flow rate?

I use a similar setup as the foxx picture, but without the added vent. I run a tube from the vent side to a bucket of sanitizer so I can gauge the fill speed by the bubbling, plus when it's full it contains the foam.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewerJake View Post
          I don't understand why the Foxx one is needed, on the picture there's clearly already another shutoff on the vent side. Why wouldn't you just use that shutoff to control the flow rate?

I use a similar setup as the foxx picture, but without the added vent. I run a tube from the vent side to a bucket of sanitizer so I can gauge the fill speed by the bubbling, plus when it's full it contains the foam.
          I was wondering about the ball itself...has anyone made one of these using the ball you take out of the sankey coupler? They don't float, but then neither does the ball in a rotameter--it's moved by friction. Other than that, it seems a pretty simple thing to make with spare fittings.

Regards,
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by BrewerJake View Post

Currently I use the same method. Hose to a bucket on vent side.

I think the purpose of the foxx thingamajig is that it will automatically shut off so I don't have to stand over my filling kegs and manually shut off.

Comment

Originally posted by EssingtonBrew View Post
              Currently I use the same method. Hose to a bucket on vent side.

I think the purpose of the foxx thingamajig is that it will automatically shut off so I don't have to stand over my filling kegs and manually shut off.
              Also, the Foxx vent valve will control gas flow MUCH better than a quarter turn ball valve.

Comment

For $15 bucks id try it just for the hell of it. But wondering if the Foxx design is harder to clean than the kent one? Not sure but thats what my gut says by looking at them both.

Comment

Just purchased three of them from Foxx for my existing filling heads. Will report back when installed and used.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by kyle.carbaugh View Post
                    Just purchased three of them from Foxx for my existing filling heads. Will report back when installed and used.

Cheers!
                    Any thoughts on these Kyle?

Comment

I just bought a couple of these. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, first impressions are that as supplied they're made with Oetiker clamps so they'll need to be soaked clean. I'd rather than anything with barbs be easily fully disassembled for cleaning and drying. Obviously pretty easy to cut them off and replace with jubilee clamps, so just a minor niggle but for the price it really is minor. I'll update once I've had a chance to use them for actual keg filling

Comment

Any updates on the fox vent valves??

Thanks

Comment

Sorry for the radio silence. Here’s the update:

After less than six months, I’ve kicked these pieces of crap to the curb. The check balls would shoot to the end of the shutoff assembly with the slightest of pressure. They were incredibly hard to dial in for consistent fills. Finally just broke down and bought the GW Kent FOBs a week ago. Came in mid week and wished I’d have spent the $350 almost six years ago when I started the brewery.

Moral of the story: there’s no substitute for the GW Kent FOBs that I’ve found. Spend the money, get the real thing and don’t spend time/money on crappy substitutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i'm gonna come back to this zombie thread to relate that on a whim i bought this little guy.

Use the Flow Stopper to automatically fill kegs! When your keg is full, the ball float will cut off flow and prevent beer from spilling out onto your floor. Set it and forget it!

have only used it once but it did the job just as expected. once it shut off the flow there was a some bubbling and leakage where it threads onto the beer nut of the valve on the sanke, but thats either me not tightening it down enough by hand or maybe it needs a better/thicker washer in there. either way, it did the job, stopped the flow. and since the assembly is all push to connect fittings and beer thread, it was a breeze to blast it with hot water from the hose and have it totally rinsed out in seconds.

cant speak to longevity, but it did exactly what it was supposed to do. although at like 8 or 9 bucks wholesale priced i wouldnt hesitate to just buy a few of them lest it accidentially get stepped on or something.

Comment

Working...
                            X