Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone go through a relocation with TTB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone go through a relocation with TTB?

We are in the process of relocating our existing brewery. Has anyone gone through that process with TTB?

Randy

Yes.

It was a little less intensive. Still took about six months.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Anyone go through a relocation with TTB?

Yes, you file amendment to your current license.

Do not forget to do the same with your state license.
      Last edited by Thirsty_Monk; 03-31-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I would contact your TTB agent and state agent(s) first, just to double check what is the formal, appropriate action in your specific scenario. We relocated 2 years ago and had plans to overlap operations of locations in an effort to not have a gap in our taproom operations. However, MN has some strict taproom laws that only allow a single instance of a taproom to exist. Period. And both locations had to be bonded separately if there were to be any overlap at all.

All said and done, the "appropriate" way for us to relocate was to file a new Brewer's Notice and transfer our bonds to the new location (bonding may be a different scenario after recent leg. changes). This allowed us a 30 day grace period to finish fermenting and packaging beer at our old location and begin production at the new location. And beer could legally move in only a single direction from the old location (existing product) to the new location. We then had to work with our state agencies to ensure our licensing could be wrapped up within this window. We still had a gap in Taproom operations when it was all said and done.

Your best bet is to have the conversation with all the agencies to ensure you are doing it as they prescribe, otherwise it just ends up taking longer than everyone expected!

Cheers,
        Tom

Comment

Thanks All. I"m in contact with my ABC attorney who'd guiding things. Why would anyone make things simple?

Cheers,
          Randy

Comment

Working...
          X