Pouring from a Serving Vessel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pouring from a Serving Vessel

We want to install beer faucets on our brite tanks so we can pour and serve directly out of the tank. We are a brew pub and the tanks are located 3' from the bar. I am planning on modifying the tank exterior by adding a 1.5" TC port at front center of the tank at 5' high which is about the same height as our existing draft system taps. I'll end up installing a beer shank on the TC fitting that threads onto a beer faucet. From there on the inside of the tank I'm planning on using a reverse pigtail however the engineering is a bit different than a usual pigtail because it will end up being about 4' long instead of about 1'. The engineering needs to be precise so when pouring it pours at the correct rate (ounces/second) and it also needs to have the proper amount of foam. Is there a supplier/manufacture out there that can help me fabricate this component or is there someone that sells something like this already?

Curious if you’ve figured this out? I was thinking just use a perlick with flow control, rather than balance the line using tubing resistance use the flow valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't really understand what you are doing? If you are just trying to serve from a tank, just put a beer nut fitting on fitting near the bottom of the tank, run the line 3/8" ID towards the pouring faucet, and finish with 4-6' of 3/16" ID line to provide enough restriction to balance out the system.
      Linus Hall
      Yazoo Brewing
      Nashville, TN
      www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by LauderAle View Post
        We want to install beer faucets on our brite tanks so we can pour and serve directly out of the tank. We are a brew pub and the tanks are located 3' from the bar. I am planning on modifying the tank exterior by adding a 1.5" TC port at front center of the tank at 5' high which is about the same height as our existing draft system taps. I'll end up installing a beer shank on the TC fitting that threads onto a beer faucet. From there on the inside of the tank I'm planning on using a reverse pigtail however the engineering is a bit different than a usual pigtail because it will end up being about 4' long instead of about 1'. The engineering needs to be precise so when pouring it pours at the correct rate (ounces/second) and it also needs to have the proper amount of foam. Is there a supplier/manufacture out there that can help me fabricate this component or is there someone that sells something like this already?
        This might be too hackish, but you could get some thin-walled, thin ID stainless steel tubing and 2 tri clamp compression fittings (e.g. https://www.brewershardware.com/1-1-...ategory_id=338). Bend the tubing so it reaches the bottom of the tank (and also so you can pass it through from the outside of the tank to the inside). Put the compression fittings on back to back so you can clamp to the tank ferrule. With the other compression tri clamp, not sure of the best way to terminate it - maybe a sample valve like https://www.brewershardware.com/1-1_...ple-Valve.html ? Or do compression > butterfly valve > sample valve?

I think the idea is to have a faucet directly attached to the tank - a normally-installed pigtail sample valve outside the tank gets warm and isn't great for frequent pouring. Having the pigtail inside the tank keeps it cold and gives you the line restriction you need and you don't need any line outside the tank inside a glycol trunk.

Comment

Not stainless steel, but something like this would give more flexibility in changing line lengths - https://www.kegland.com.au/4-inch-tr...ed-2-5bar.html

Comment

if you already have a sampling valve you could just use a pigtail. Will compensate for the length needed but in a tighter package

Pigtail Sampler
            Kevin
            JoBoy's Brewpub

Comment

Working...
            X