Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas area, experienced brewer looking for a pub or pub startup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas area, experienced brewer looking for a pub or pub startup.

Perhaps a longshot, I was a brewer back during the first wave of craft brewing, active from 1992-1998. After beginning as the primary brewer (assistant to the owner) at Greenshields brewpub in Raleigh, NC, I was the third full time employee at Odell Brewing Company, helping win our first GABF Gold (American Wheat, 1993). I left Odell’s in 1995 to do a startup micro-contract brewery in the Denver area, One Keg Brewhouse. From there I moved back east, taking a job as the founding brewmaster for a startup brewpub in Virginia Beach, VA, Taphouse Brewery and Pub, and then, when that brewpub ran into crippling cash flow troubles, I moved up the road to Atlanta Beergarten, a brewpub in Newport News, VA.

I moved back to Colorado in January, 1999, and unfortunately found the industry in a bit of a slump, and, unable to find a brewing job, I began what has been (to my surprise) 18 years of work in the transportation industry, primary as a coach driver. From 2002-2012, I also made much of my income as a professional musician, playing 80-100 gigs a year in the resort town of Ocean City, Maryland.

After a move to Austin, Texas in 2012, I found myself moving to the Dallas area in 2015 to get married, where I’ve transitioned from an aging bachelor to a husband, step-father, and step-grandfather.

I’ve been working as a coach bus driver, spending far too much time out of town on long charters, and I’m ready to come back off the road, ideally to put my previous experience to work to help start up a new brewpub. My brewpub experiences were my most cherished from those days, and I can think of few things more satisfying at the end of a workday than to sit down at the end of the bar and talk about the beers with the regulars.

Brew Master Position

Good Morning, My name is Kat with SHE Beverage Company. I saw your ad looking for a Head Brew master position. Im looking to see if you have found a job yet or if your still looking. We are in Southern California and building out our brewery currently. If your interested in learning more please contact me back and send your resume to info@shebeverages.com

Kat Dirden
    661-209-2943

Originally posted by tarmadilo View Post
    Perhaps a longshot, I was a brewer back during the first wave of craft brewing, active from 1992-1998. After beginning as the primary brewer (assistant to the owner) at Greenshields brewpub in Raleigh, NC, I was the third full time employee at Odell Brewing Company, helping win our first GABF Gold (American Wheat, 1993). I left Odell’s in 1995 to do a startup micro-contract brewery in the Denver area, One Keg Brewhouse. From there I moved back east, taking a job as the founding brewmaster for a startup brewpub in Virginia Beach, VA, Taphouse Brewery and Pub, and then, when that brewpub ran into crippling cash flow troubles, I moved up the road to Atlanta Beergarten, a brewpub in Newport News, VA.

I moved back to Colorado in January, 1999, and unfortunately found the industry in a bit of a slump, and, unable to find a brewing job, I began what has been (to my surprise) 18 years of work in the transportation industry, primary as a coach driver. From 2002-2012, I also made much of my income as a professional musician, playing 80-100 gigs a year in the resort town of Ocean City, Maryland.

After a move to Austin, Texas in 2012, I found myself moving to the Dallas area in 2015 to get married, where I’ve transitioned from an aging bachelor to a husband, step-father, and step-grandfather.

I’ve been working as a coach bus driver, spending far too much time out of town on long charters, and I’m ready to come back off the road, ideally to put my previous experience to work to help start up a new brewpub. My brewpub experiences were my most cherished from those days, and I can think of few things more satisfying at the end of a workday than to sit down at the end of the bar and talk about the beers with the regulars.

Comment

Co-owner / Head cider maker wanted in Dallas!

Head Ciderist Wanted!

Trinity Cider is a new hard cider company coming to Downtown Dallas, Texas, and we’re looking for a Head Ciderist to run our day-to-day operations. This exciting opportunity will give a ciderist a chance to follow recipes and also experiment with new styles. It will offer potential partial ownership of the cider company, a competitive salary, and a relocation package.

If you or someone you know might be interested, send them our way today!

Job Duties
      -Make 310 gallon batches of hard cider from our recipes
      -Experiment and create your own recipes
      -Bartend on cider tasting days
      -Clean tasting room and cider making facility
      -Purchase supplies and ingredients
      -Taste product regularly to ensure quality!

Qualifications
      -Love of hard cider
      -Must be extremely responsible
      -Must possess extreme attention to detail
      -Viticulture or fermentation degree or experience preferred
      -Prior restaurant-industry experience preferred
      -Willingness to study the craft of hard cider
      -21 years of age or older

Please send all resumes and inquiries to TrinityCider@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the interest, both of you! I’m not interested in relocating from the Dallas area (home, family), and I’m quite sure that I want to stick with my strengths, brewing classic beers in a pub setting.

Comment

Still looking!

Comment

I’m still available for the right North Texas brewpub job.

Comment

Still looking?

I know you are looking for a brewpub, but how about a full production brewery? Below is our job posting for the head brewer position. Look forward to hearing from you!

Siren Rock Brewing Company is currently seeking an experienced head brewer for our new facility in Rockwall, just outside of Dallas, TX.

Siren Rock is a 12k sqft new build brewery featuring a 4k sqft taproom, 4 vessel/ 30bbl brewhouse, biergarten, and event space. We plan to start with 7 core beers, 6 seasonal/ limited brews, and several taproom only selections. We are seeking someone who is experienced in medium scale production and operations, and all that entails. Commitment to quality and consistency is a must! Since this is a new build, we will officially open in May/June 2019, BUT we are seeking the qualified brewer now so as to be involved in the planning and development of the production facility.

For more information or is you would like to submit a resume, please email eva@sirenrock.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

sirenrock.com

Comment

Working...
              X