Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• counter pressure filling cans?

hey everyone,
    i've got a pretty handy four head counter pressure bottler. it's adjustable for all different bottle heights, etc. was wondering if anyone's ever tried counter pressure filling cans, or if that's even really a possibility. if i could get a little table top seamer that could make canning a reality in our little spot.
    thanks

It comes down to being able to close off and fully seal the can without damaging it.

If you can create a gasket/stopper to do that you can give it a go.

Comment

Why?

What purpose would that serve? There is research that shows counterpressure increases oxygen pickup. And if it reduces foam to the point where you are not seaming on foam, that would exacerbate the problem. I think you would be better to spend time on undergassing end as it meets the can.
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
        What purpose would that serve? There is research that shows counterpressure increases oxygen pickup. And if it reduces foam to the point where you are not seaming on foam, that would exacerbate the problem. I think you would be better to spend time on undergassing end as it meets the can.
        That's why I'm asking. Id be interested in finding out more about increased oxygen takeup. The bottles I've filled with it have held up great. Just trying to see if it's possible to use what I've already got rather than investing in another filler for cans.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

See attached .pdf.....

Some older literature from Cask is all I found in my files, but there are more studies out there.... Good luck.
          Attached Files
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
            Some older literature from Cask is all I found in my files, but there are more studies out there.... Good luck.
            Interesting read, makes sense on the surface. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X