Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instant water heater for cleaning/cip

hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a inline water heater for cleaning/cip. we are on a city water supply that is very, very hard. we de-chlorinate all water entering the brewery before we soften it for cleaning. we have an R.O. machine and a HLT for the brew water. but the industrial water heater that we feed softened water for cleaning/cip does not give me the volume of heated water that I need. I was thinking of using an inline "instant" hot water heater to give me the boost that i need when the tank starts to get cool. has anyone done this? any suggestions?

Could use a CIP cart with heated reservoir.
    Todd G Hicks
    BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

We have the Rinnai C199 heaters. These are about as big a commercial on-demand heater as you can get. Max. throughput without heating water is ~10 gpm, and raising the temp from 45 to 185F will limit the flow to ~2.5 gpm.

If you feed these hard water, expect to spend a lot of time cleaning them.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

What Timm said.

I run a Rinnai 75 (with the commercial controller option) in my Nano, and it works well. Perhaps you could put a softener in that'd fix up all of the water in your place?? It'd make your RO system a lot happier too.

JR
        Jeremy Reed
        Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
        The North of 48 Brewing Company
        Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

Working...
        X