Brewery Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery Cat

I'm thinking that the brewery needs a cat. For fun and defense duties.

Anyone with brewery cats have advice?

Chris

Just make sure that there is a hidey space for the cat to be safe in when too many people begin to get annoying or when the forklift is in operation.
    They will get territorial and do their jobs well.
    Todd G Hicks
    BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

The best part of my marketing day is skimming through the Instagram feed and spotting new posts from:
      34K Followers, 773 Following, 3,587 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Distillery Cats (@distillerycats)

Maybe any of the owners of the pictures could give pointers.
      Cedarstone Industry
      7432 Fairbanks N Houston Rd
      Houston, TX 77040
      Tel. 281-397-3700 ext. 1
      eMail. naomi@cedarstoneindustry.com

Comment

Don't have any open vessels. We were unfortunate enough to have a squirrel snuff it in an FV, and then a few months later, one of the brewery strays was found, by chance it was in the same FV.
        dick

Comment

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
          Don't have any open vessels. We were unfortunate enough to have a squirrel snuff it in an FV, and then a few months later, one of the brewery strays was found, by chance it was in the same FV.
          We don't have any open vessels. We have an office upstairs for him/her to retreat to and a comfy couch to sleep on.

We have an open patio for our guests and I think it would be great as a gateway to the public.....

Chris

Comment

When I was at SNBCo there was a colony of cats around the brewery. We had an active capture/neuter/spay program and I actually adopted on of the kittens that got through the program.

Her name was Simcoe and you should all get that joke.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cbaugh67 View Post
              When I was at SNBCo there was a colony of cats around the brewery. We had an active capture/neuter/spay program and I actually adopted on of the kittens that got through the program.

Her name was Simcoe and you should all get that joke.

Chris
              Simcoe P. Coltraine full name?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a brewery cat, too. He has stints here and then I hrimh him home. He is friendly as all hell so it's a great fit for him. Make sure your floors are clear of any chemicals, chemical buckets are closed, etc. Makes for great marketing, too. Hes only caught one mouse so far though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Oregon Health dept. says "No cats in the brewery." They also freak about rodents. Can't win for losing.

We had a brewery cat--Barley--for the first fifteen years we were open. That cat made a nest in the fiberglass insulation in my shop and bathed in caustic. She attacked large dogs and took them down. Customers loved her, unless they had a large dog. She vanished five years ago, at at least 17 years of age.

We now have a pub cat--Hops, one of the strays that show up around here. We had her spayed and once again, customers love her. She's strictly outdoors, being still somewhat feral, but loves naps in laps.
                  Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
                  Terminal Gravity Brewing,
                  Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                  X