Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production & POS Software

Hi, Brewery in planning here.

Looking for recommendations on software program that either handles both production logistics and point of sale or one that handles production logistics but integrates well with a separate POS system?

Also, would like to eventually (once up and running) be able to have some data analytics that tell me the rate of consumption of different brands and styles of beer. Would like to be able to utilize that data for production planning.

FWIW, plan is for a 7 bbl system, running 750 bbl year one, 1,250 bbl year two. Any recommendations are well appreciated! Thank you.

Jonathan Brewster

Hi Jonathan,
    As far as a POS we use square for our 15bbl production house. It handles our 30 plus list of house beers in our 2 different pour sizes as well as crowler/growler sales nicely. It is able to track sales trends of items as well. I have heard rumors of them syncing with the brewery software O Beer in the near future. But to be honest, brewery specific software for a 7bbl system is a waste of money in my opinion. Excel, square and QuickBooks should cover you well without blowing your budget.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you Richard, that does help. I was aware of Square, but will take a deeper look into its capabilities. Sounds like it gets the job done.

Cheers,

Jonathan Brewster

Comment

One other thing, square will charge you extra per employee to use their time clock feature. I thought that was stupid. We just downloaded a free clock in/out app. It does mean that we have to do tip share manually, but the square terminal is an IPad so you can do a lot with it.

Comment

Howdy Jonathan,
          I've been really happy with TouchBistro. Very robust, intuitive, and flexible. Not only is it my front end POS, but it also tracks which products in which packaging are moving faster than others, generates heat maps of tasting room activity, provides real time cloud reporting, quickbooks integration, and its my time clock. You can download the app for free to take it out for a spin. Check it out.

Prost!
          Dave
          Glacier Brewing Company
          406-883-2595
          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
            Howdy Jonathan,
            I've been really happy with TouchBistro. Very robust, intuitive, and flexible. Not only is it my front end POS, but it also tracks which products in which packaging are moving faster than others, generates heat maps of tasting room activity, provides real time cloud reporting, quickbooks integration, and its my time clock. You can download the app for free to take it out for a spin. Check it out.

Prost!
            Dave
            Yes, that is great to hear! I started reading up on a few different POS systems and TouchBistro had stellar reviews. Really like the versatility it offers. Did you find a suitable payment processing service through them as well?

Square seems expensive at 2.75%. That is a lot of money when looking at tens of thousands of dollars in taproom sales per month (projected). How did TouchBistro do to line you up with the best payment processing option?

Comment

Originally posted by BrewsterAles View Post
              Yes, that is great to hear! I started reading up on a few different POS systems and TouchBistro had stellar reviews. Really like the versatility it offers. Did you find a suitable payment processing service through them as well?

Square seems expensive at 2.75%. That is a lot of money when looking at tens of thousands of dollars in taproom sales per month (projected). How did TouchBistro do to line you up with the best payment processing option?
              Our bookkeeper shopped around and settled on Vantiv. I'm not sure what transaction rates are off the top of my head.

Prost!
              Dave
              Glacier Brewing Company
              406-883-2595
              info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Pivo View Post
                One other thing, square will charge you extra per employee to use their time clock feature. I thought that was stupid. We just downloaded a free clock in/out app. It does mean that we have to do tip share manually, but the square terminal is an IPad so you can do a lot with it.
                Which app do you use for timecards?

Comment

Originally posted by saltyturtlebeer View Post
                  Which app do you use for timecards?
                  its called Time Station. free up to 10 employees.

Comment

Working...
                  X