Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Washing... the outside

Hey All,

Looking for ways to stream line scrubbing a Keg. When I have a brewer washing kegs all day one spends most their time with a soapy brush hand scrubbing.

Has anyone built anything for this?

I’m brainstorming using some push broom heads in a trash can or something similar that you could set a keg in and twist it like a golf ball washer. You just twist a few times and it’s ready for chemicals.

Something of this nature would free up time to take gravs, do a transfer, and several other things along with reducing the pain of keg washing.

Our keg washer does enough kegs where if your not changing them over you are scrubbing the next ones to keep up.

Ideas?

Ecolab Foam Force (or equivalent foaming cleaner) is a magical elixir for jobs like that. Spray down 50 kegs, set up the filling machine while they sit, then rinse them off and go.

Comment

Yeah, I use Foam Force as well. As long as it's bubbling and hot all old dried on beer and organic solids break away in about 30 seconds with only requiring a quick pass with a sponge and good rinse afterwards to prevent corrosion. Trouble kegs that have mold or scum where the coupler connects just get set aside for a good 10 min soak and are usually 100% clean after that.
      Leigh Davison
      Head Brewer, Partner & Beer Alchemist @ Schoolhouse Brewery
      Windsor, Nova Scotia
      "The Beer with Class"

Comment

Just curious, would it foam up correctly off a little electric pressure washer with an inline container? We usually just use it to wash the delivery van, but if it would work, I'm all for trying it out.

Comment

Originally posted by mgustafson View Post
          Just curious, would it foam up correctly off a little electric pressure washer with an inline container? We usually just use it to wash the delivery van, but if it would work, I'm all for trying it out.
          I don't see why it wouldn't. 100ML is usually enough to do 20 Litres with lots of foam. We use it on our false bottoms to make them shine again between acid cleanings.
          Leigh Davison
          Head Brewer, Partner & Beer Alchemist @ Schoolhouse Brewery
          Windsor, Nova Scotia
          "The Beer with Class"

Comment

Working...
          X