Leaking glycol jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking glycol jacket

I have, what appears, to be a very small, slow glycol leak on one of my brite tanks. Has anyone done anything like drain the glycol, isolate the jacket on its own recirculating loop and add some sort of sealant to plug the leak?
    Kinda stumped.

Originally posted by BeerDog View Post
    I have, what appears, to be a very small, slow glycol leak on one of my brite tanks. Has anyone done anything like drain the glycol, isolate the jacket on its own recirculating loop and add some sort of sealant to plug the leak?
    Kinda stumped.
    That seems like a terrible idea. You’re bound to do more damage to a tank than help it. Find a good welder and fix it correctly.

Coming from a background as a auto mechanic, anytime someone put that type of stuff in their car it would cause more issues than help.

Just my two cents as I wouldn’t do that.
    Thanks,
    Eulie

Comment

Stop-leak junk will fill any small holes in the glycol system. Solenoid valves have lots of small holes that need to be clear to operate.

You'll need to have the jacket and insulation cut off to locate and fix the leak. Make sure you hire a welder/fabricator with sanitary welding skills.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
      X