Water soluble hop extracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water soluble hop extracts

We have had good luck with a product called humuflour, a water based extract. But the supplier now only sells in a 5 or 6 variety combo pack instead of by individual variety. Not gonna work for us.

Kalsec appears to have a few products, got one on order but haven’t received yet. I believe barth haas sells them too, but was told the sizes are more geared towards big producers. On the interwebs i ran across an outfit in the uk that seemed to also have a product but not sure i wanna deal with extended shipping lines.

Anybody know some other sources for water solubles you can add on the cold side?

Originally posted by brain medicine View Post
    We have had good luck with a product called humuflour, a water based extract. But the supplier now only sells in a 5 or 6 variety combo pack instead of by individual variety. Not gonna work for us.

Kalsec appears to have a few products, got one on order but haven’t received yet. I believe barth haas sells them too, but was told the sizes are more geared towards big producers. On the interwebs i ran across an outfit in the uk that seemed to also have a product but not sure i wanna deal with extended shipping lines.

Anybody know some other sources for water solubles you can add on the cold side?

Hey - did you get the Kalsec yet? What variety did you get and did you like it? I am looking at the HopCitrAles - anyone have feedback on flavour and aroma profile imparted?

Comment

i did. but been crazy busy, traveling, got sick. going to make a sour type base beer to try out some white wine yeasts, was thinking of adding it in after i get an idea of the yeast profile. maybe a week or two.

buddy of mine works for braumaster/morebeer and they did a bunch of testing/sampling on alot of the hop products on the market currently. since kelsec does food additives i guess these have a bunch of non-hop ingredients like fruit extracts, "natural flavorings", etc. i'd have to ask him again what he thought of this one specifically, as i recall he thought it wasnt so much a straight tropical hop replacement as a hoppy/fruity flavor addition. whereas the humuflour was much more of a one-for-one kind of flavor match. (my opinion) will be interesting to see what that is in a tropical hoppy beer.

Comment

Working...
      X