Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.I.P. Pump Size?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what a sufficient pump size is for a 20BBL brewery CIP pump?

Originally posted by John Arcara View Post
    Hi everyone,

I would suggest you contact CPE systems. They are a sponsor and they do a really good job at conveying the details involved. It isn't as simple as just selecting the HP of the motor.

A 2hp motor with appropriate pump head will likely be sufficient for your needs. I highly recommend the addition of a Variable Frequency Drive.

Comment

Genuinely curious and not just trolling – what can you do with a VFD that you can't do just as well by throttling with a valve at the pump's outlet?

Comment

Save energy. Save wrecking the pump. Keep the flow and pressure far more consistent than using a (butterfly) valve.

Sort of info required to spec a pump:-
        Temperatures of fluids
        Inlet heat
        pipe size inlet and outlet
        Are you going to split the flow at any time?
        Pipe run distance
        pipe head pressure (if going up in air against walls etc
        tank CIP head design, operating flow and pressure

This is why simply asking if a motor size is suitable is like asking how long a piece of string is
        dick

Comment

Originally posted by John Arcara View Post
          Hi everyone,

For a 20 BBl system we recommend a 2HP pump, though as Dick Murton said, there are a lot of other factors at play as well. Our C114 (external seal) or our Sen15 (internal seal) would work for your purposes.
          Your CPE Systems Team!
          CPE Systems Inc.
          800-668-2268
          CPEsystems.com
          Thinkpumps.com
          sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by feinbera View Post
            Genuinely curious and not just trolling – what can you do with a VFD that you can't do just as well by throttling with a valve at the pump's outlet?
            Dick is absolutely right, it saves energy, protects your pump, and keeps flow and pressure consistent. It also prevents the unwanted agitation to your beer that using a butterfly valve would cause.
            Your CPE Systems Team!
            CPE Systems Inc.
            800-668-2268
            CPEsystems.com
            Thinkpumps.com
            sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

Working...
            X