Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working With City - Plumbing - Sewer Waste

Hey guys,

We're in San Antonio, and have been working hard with the city to get our building permits through. The plumbing portion was actually approved nearly three weeks ago and then magically the approval was taken back (which our contractor/architect/engineer/pretty much everyone didn't know was possible).

They initally made it sound like someone had reached out directly to them concerned about a sewer waste issue in breweries - so we supplied a letter stating our procedures proving we would not be dumping any harmful or solid substances down the drain. They seem to keep referencing major factories and believe it or not a "gummy bear factory" in their concerns, but we're a small 7 BBL brewery with minimal waste.

Noone at the city seems to be able to give us any sort of direction. The fact of the matter is we're willing to spend the extra $ do whatever is necessary (solid interceptor, sample well etc.) but they can't seem to give us any direction on what they're looking for.

Has anyone in SA or anywhere else encountered similar issues, and if so what was the best way to get it all resolved.

We've tried to be as polite and understanding as possible, but it's becoming a little ridiculous going 2 weeks with out any actionable directive.
    Dustin Baker

Owner/Brewer
    Roadmap Brewing Co.
    San Antonio, TX

Have you been in touch with your member of the Board of Supervisors/Alderman/whatever they call the body of folks elected to represent just your part of town? Heck, I don't know if San Antonio even has such a body, and if so, whether your Supervisor/whatever might have a philosophical beef with craft breweries (e.g., very religious and hates all booze, anti-gentrification and hates all booze you can't buy 40 oz of $3.50, etc.), you'd probably wanna do your googling and make sure you won't just make things worse, but this kind of red-tape-cutting is exactly what their constituent services staff is there for, they should be stoked to help you to create a gathering space and a dozen jobs in their district if they're not at one political extreme or another.

Comment

I found it extremely helpful to my project after getting it touch with the head supervisor for commercial waste and having a lengthy discussion with him. By the time we were done talking he was completely stoked about my project and I have an allie inside the city government speeking in my behalf at council meetings etc.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X