Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the minimal amount of money that I need to start a 1-barrel brewery in pa?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish002 View Post
    http://www.breweryoperationsmanual.com/home.html

Get the brewery operations manual, SOP book and the Frankenbrew DVD and you will get info and ideas. Tom Hennessy is awesome.
    This is excellent advice. Tom also has an SOP book that you can use as your own SOP. If you can spare $2500 and a trip to Colorado, take Tom's Brewery Immersion Course. You'll learn a lot about the business side of brewing. Personally, I think there are too many young guys out there that brew good beer in their garage or basement but they know nothing about the business end of brewing. The business end is extremely important and not just how well you can brew. Also, do not take quality control for granted. People constantly knock the macro brewers and throw around words like quality. Well, the macros know a helluva lot about quality and like it or not, you can pop a can of Bud Light in Fresno, CA and then fly to somewhere in central Florida and it will taste the same. That is quality control. You should also get Dan Woodske's book. He runs a successful nano in Beaver Falls, PA.

re HogMountain

Quote Originally Posted by HogMountain View Post
    This is excellent advice. Tom also has an SOP book that you can use as your own SOP. If you can spare $2500 and a trip to Colorado, take Tom's Brewery Immersion Course. You'll learn a lot about the business side of brewing. Personally, I think there are too many young guys out there that brew good beer in their garage or basement but they know nothing about the business end of brewing. The business end is extremely important and not just how well you can brew. Also, do not take quality control for granted. People constantly knock the macro brewers and throw around words like quality. Well, the macros know a helluva lot about quality and like it or not, you can pop a can of Bud Light in Fresno, CA and then fly to somewhere in central Florida and it will taste the same. That is quality control. You should also get Dan Woodske's book. He runs a successful nano in Beaver Falls, PA.

I have a pile of books I need to read now including those books and dvd.
    I'm planning on doing something similar that is much closer to me on the east coast at a brewery in new york called hopshire farm and brewery that has a two workshop that will cost significantly less than that. Actually now that you reminded me I need to give them another call to see when they will be running the next workshop.
    Right now since I'm scaling down from a previous business plan that was incomplete I'm trying to figure out my true cost for what I want to do. Right now I'm trying to research brewery floors.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserKyle View Post
    I have a pile of books I need to read now including those books and dvd.
    I'm planning on doing something similar that is much closer to me on the east coast at a brewery in new york called hopshire farm and brewery that has a two workshop that will cost significantly less than that. Actually now that you reminded me I need to give them another call to see when they will be running the next workshop.
    Right now since I'm scaling down from a previous business plan that was incomplete I'm trying to figure out my true cost for what I want to do. Right now I'm trying to research brewery floors.
    Good luck and much success!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12