fermenting a lager in a brite tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fermenting a lager in a brite tank

So I was wondering if any one has actually tried this or are there some possible concerns I'm not thinking of? I have a 20 bbl brite that does not get utilized very often. All of my fermenter are uni-tanks, so I was thinking about trying to lager in the brite. As of right now I cant see any issues trying it and yes I plan on going through the whole process in the brite tank.
    Melinda Gulsever
    Head Brewer
    Backward Flag Brewing Co.
    Forked River, NJ

Originally posted by mr118811 View Post
    So I was wondering if any one has actually tried this or are there some possible concerns I'm not thinking of? I have a 20 bbl brite that does not get utilized very often. All of my fermenter are uni-tanks, so I was thinking about trying to larger in the brite. As of right now I cant see any issues trying it and yes I plan on going through the whole process in the brite tank.
    I have fermented beer in the Uni and transferred for lagering in a BBT, but would not recommend doing the entire batch in the BBT.

You will have yeast autolysis taking place from the dead yeast that you can't remove out of the round bottom tank. It will be noticeable in the finished product.

I suggest you start in a Uni and then transfer after the primary activity has subsided. Leave the dead yeast behind (or remove it).

Comment

Working...
    X