Thread: Anyone using the generic chinese .75kw sanitary pump for a nano?

Anyone using the generic chinese .75kw sanitary pump for a nano?

Hello, I know these are very inexpensive pumps compared to what most are using here and will not be as nice, but I'm looking for a pump to specifically use in a 3bbl setup for whirlpooling and maybe transfer through the plate chiller into fermenters located in a basement below the brew area. These seem to be rated at about 50gpm which is overkill (that was the 220v version anyway.) im not sure what "3T/H" flowrate equates to.(I assume its tons which gives me only 13gpm when I do the math which would work) They are rated at high temps with the correct seal. Also I do not know a whole lot about VFD drives but am I correct in assuming that because the 120v version of this pump appears to use a startup capacitor that it will not work with a vfd? would a single phase 220v version work with one? Unfortunately the building we are in only has single phase power. I dont believe I will necessarily need the vfd if im just using it for whirlpooling.
    We are on a tight budget at this point getting the last of our needed equipment and I have been told I really want a sanitary pump for this which makes sense.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/0-75KW-Food...item2843f4459f
    or
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S....c100005.m1851

Does anyone here have experience with these? I see them on amazon as well as aliexpress and alibaba but not a single review?
    thanks.
    Last edited by augiedoggy; 05-25-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Chinese pumps

They look nice but.....

1) You can not put a VFD on it. You must have a 3 phase motor to use a VFD. However a good VFD will convert your single phase power to 3 phase for use with a proper 3 phase motor
    2) You won't be able to get a replacement seal for it when eventually fails.
    3) You will have a very hard time getting a replacement motor if you ever need one since it will be a metric frame motor.
    4) Don't let your electrical inspector see it as it will not have UL or CSA approval. In fact a good licensed electrician will not even hook it up for you.

So in short if a deal looks to good to be true it probably is.
    Your CPE Systems Team!
    CPE Systems Inc.
    800-668-2268
    CPEsystems.com
    Thinkpumps.com
    sales@cpesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by CPESystems View Post
    They look nice but.....

1) You can not put a VFD on it. You must have a 3 phase motor to use a VFD. However a good VFD will convert your single phase power to 3 phase for use with a proper 3 phase motor
    2) You won't be able to get a replacement seal for it when eventually fails.
    3) You will have a very hard time getting a replacement motor if you ever need one since it will be a metric frame motor.
    4) Don't let your electrical inspector see it as it will not have UL or CSA approval. In fact a good licensed electrician will not even hook it up for you.

So in short if a deal looks to good to be true it probably is.
    Thanks for your response. I got the pump on wednesday and pulled it apart to be sure and yes your right ,its not ul listed. Since its 120v single phase it took me only a few minutes to wire up and test and everything works as it should.

Just to clear a few assuptions up though.

The seal is a standard 20mm ceramic spring loaded style pump seal (I have a backup on order now as there are plenty on ebay) the pumps cover seal is a standard 125mm x5.3mm orange silicone oring. Theres really not much to this.

The motor is a metric motor and uses the same four hole mounts for the head and other motors I have laying around. The pump head shaft slides over the motor shaft and is secured by a set screw I also found UL listed versions are plentiful of these metric motors starting at about $160 so if the inspector feels he needs to inspect all my tools and appliances I can easily replace the motor if he has an issue with it.
    The thing is though, as a field engineer Ive been installing and maintaining large equipment for years that isnt UL inspected and short of a few counties where it needs an onsite ul inspection in the US its never been an issue. Much of the equipment I work on is made in europe, korea or canada and some only has CE certification. We are talking equipment that starts at about 100 grand and goes to over a couple million a machine.

Still if this were some device that would run unsupervised Id be more likely to be concerned about the lack of certification myself but its not. I'll see what the inspector says before swapping the motor.
    Last edited by augiedoggy; 06-08-2018 at 04:29 AM.