Portland, OR & Surrounding Area - Former Engineer Turned Head Brewer LFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland, OR & Surrounding Area - Former Engineer Turned Head Brewer LFW

Hello and thank you for looking at my ad. I am currently looking for work in the Portland, OR area due to family issues that are pulling me back. Its been a fun ride at my currently job but my family obligations come first. I was a former mechanical operator in the US Navy and obtained an engineering degree while serving. I then left the engineering world to follow my passion of beer. I worked very hard, employing my skills and education to make amazing beers. I quickly rose through the ranks and got to head brewer at a startup. My skills include:

Mechanical systems expertise in steam and water systems
    Former trained nuclear welder
    Background in chemistry
    Project Management
    Skilled in many tooling and construction forms
    Designed and built two small pilot systems
    Over 100 recipes developed
    QA/QC training to include yeast management, yeast propagation, and laboratory analysis
    Full understanding of Local/State and TTB Regulations
    Extremely proficient in both preventative and corrective maintenance
    5 years of production brewery work experience along with 12 years of related power plant operations experience (fluid transfers, steam based production operations)

I have also worked at starting up two breweries, albeit the first never opened due to money issues. I managed both projects and on one was the full time construction project manager throughout buildout. I also singlehandedly pipefit three glycol systems and designed their loops for properly balanced first in last out operations. Have built a cold storage, bars, and various other projects in the start up process. Resume and references are available upon request.
Working...
X