ABE Lincan 35 users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABE Lincan 35 users?

We bought the Lincan 35 and have been using it for about a month.

We're experiencing frequent jams in the lid escapement, and have been unable to resolve this problem. Has anyone else had troubles with this? Any solutions?
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Lid jams

We are running the Craftcan15 (their smallest line) and have had similar issues with the lid chute. We were able to back out the threaded sensor on the chute just a tad to reduce sensitivity and keep the sensor from triggering the lid drop when it wasn't supposed to.

Comment

Thanks. I was able to fix that problem by increasing the sensor time delay in the IO screen to 2.5 sec.

Our problem is jams--at least two kinds of jams. One is where a lid falls horizontally across the opening of the chute, blocking it. Another is when the gate drops an extra lid after the four the chute will hold. When this happens, more often than not, the fifth lid slips in front of the fourth, jamming them both. Since the fourth lid is still directly in front of the sensor, we don't get an alert and cans continue to fill and feed.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Ahh I see. We had an issue with the lid sitting too loose/low at the bottom end, which would allow that 4th lid to sit low enough to fire the lid release. We have tinkered endlessly and with all angles and settings on the lid drop have gotten lucky and it seems to work pretty well now. Good luck, hope you figure it out soon!

Comment

I'll check that out. Working on another recalcitrant piece of kit right now.
          Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
          Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
          X