Buying into an existing brewery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying into an existing brewery?

Has anyone here had success in buying into an existing brewery or having someone buy into their brewery? It's always been a dream to start my own brewery but I also know there's a lot of risks and it's also quite expensive to start correctly. I see way too many places struggle that start off small and try to grow from there. My thoughts were if I could find a good brewery that's making some good beer, is consistently selling out of product and needs an infusion of cash to keep growing it could be a good option for me working my way into the business.

Originally posted by RichFellows View Post
    Has anyone here had success in buying into an existing brewery or having someone buy into their brewery? It's always been a dream to start my own brewery but I also know there's a lot of risks and it's also quite expensive to start correctly. I see way too many places struggle that start off small and try to grow from there. My thoughts were if I could find a good brewery that's making some good beer, is consistently selling out of product and needs an infusion of cash to keep growing it could be a good option for me working my way into the business.
    do you have money?

Comment

Originally posted by RichFellows View Post
      I’d say this is a way better move than trying to start your own, but it all really depends on how much cash you’re talking about and how much the brewery needs, how much debt they have and what’s the cap table look like. A really small brewery could use a ton of cash quickly and still be a really small brewery. A medium sized small brewery (under 5k barrels) could easily spend $1-5 million USD and still be underfunded and may not be able to break 6k barrels or it could take it to 20k barrels. It really depends on if they’re truly prepared for the growth or not. Buying floors and tanks and new forklifts are cute, but don’t make sense if they can’t readily hire and deploy sales to support their growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X