small sight tube glass needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small sight tube glass needed

We have an old Italian plate and frame filter and are in need of the sight tube glass for the pressure gauges. They are about 1" OD, 5/8" ID, 1 1/8" tall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6501.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	195773Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	195774

We had 2 back ups for years and broke 2 of them in two weeks and now I can't find them anywhere.
    eatdrinkandbemerry
    Jon Hill, Brewer
    Atlantic Brewing Co
    jon at atlanticbrewing dot com

Hi Jon,
    Perhaps give McMaster-Carr a look. I got some very nice plastic sight glasses for my brite tanks from them.
    Good luck.
    McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Just google custom sight glass tube. You will find many suppliers that will cut, chamfer and polish a tube to whatever dimensions you need, out of whatever material you need. Pretty inexpensive too, I think a 36" long sight glass for my HLT was only $15.

Comment

We tried plastic sight glasses. They lasted a couple of months under our cleaning regime, then started to crack and break down. Stick with glass.

The gasket in that photo is far past its time. No way you can sanitize a cracked gasket.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by jebzter View Post
          Just google custom sight glass tube. You will find many suppliers that will cut, chamfer and polish a tube to whatever dimensions you need, out of whatever material you need. Pretty inexpensive too, I think a 36" long sight glass for my HLT was only $15.

Thanks much.
          eatdrinkandbemerry
          Jon Hill, Brewer
          Atlantic Brewing Co
          jon at atlanticbrewing dot com

Comment

Working...
          X