best choice of products for CIP on copper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best choice of products for CIP on copper

Hello Beer World, I'm just about to order a copper clad brew house. I have never worked with one before but understand that caustics and certain acid sanitisers may not be the best Idea for copper. If anyone out there, working with copper equipment has any advice or routines for CIP and keeping the cladding healthy and shiny that they wouldn't mind sharing, I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers!
    Kev

Originally posted by arrkev View Post
    Hello Beer World, I'm just about to order a copper clad brew house. I have never worked with one before but understand that caustics and certain acid sanitisers may not be the best Idea for copper. If anyone out there, working with copper equipment has any advice or routines for CIP and keeping the cladding healthy and shiny that they wouldn't mind sharing, I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers!
    Kev
    Here’s some advice....don’t do it. Get stainless diamond plate instead. Or brushed stainless. Not mirror polished.

Worked on two copper clad brewhouses, but will never ever choose one. The copper is usually laquered, making it fairly easy to polish up, but the acid and caustic used for CIP purposes can eat away at the sealant leaving dull, raw copper exposed. Raw copper is a PITA to keep clean and shiny. Copper is soft and more reactive than stainless. Stainless is a better material for a Brewhouse.

If you are a brewpub looking to showcase your Brewhouse in a glass box and not actually use it, then go copper. It looks beautiful wen not in use. As a brewer, I would never recommend it to another person who would actually have to use it or clean it. Just my $0.02

Comment

Thanks for the input, I was sort of thinking that would be the reaction.
      Kev

Comment

Working...
      X