Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sample taps.

Hi all

The sample taps we use allow the beer to foam making it difficult to check beer when it is under pressure. Can anyone recommend decent tap suppliers or what to look for in a sample tap.

Also, what sort of work arounds are there for existing systems. I have seen what looked like straws attached to taps to reduce flow and consequently reduce pressure drop. Unfortunately I do no know what they are called to search for.

You're looking for a pigtail. They look like this:

https://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/...IaAngZEALw_wcB

Comment

It wasn't a pig tail I saw though I have come across them before. Is it that they are better at keeping gas in solution? If that is the case how would they address our current foam issue?

Comment

Yes, they are better at keeping gas in solution because of the length and diameter of the tubing. I also chill mine before using it, which also helps to facilitate a good pour. It's like setting up a draft system; that is, you have to use the correct length and diameter of tubing to accommodate the temperature and pressure needed to pour the beer properly while forming a head and preventing excess foaming. The pigtail does that when using a sample valve on the side of a fermenter/brite. Easy to use and works every time.

Comment

Working...
        X