What's the best takeaway...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best takeaway...

That you have received from a conference?

Free socks

Comment

Not being snarky but the best takeaway was to stop paying to attend conferences and put that money into either reducing brewery debt or to keep new debt away from ones brewery.

I view most industry conferences to be well organized, very expensive drinking parties. Not knocking them if you got cash to burn and have that much time you can be away from the brewery. They can be fun but at the end of the day some people can’t even remember what was said in a seminar because of all of the “research samples” that have been enjoyed during the day!
      Last edited by Catfish002; 07-06-2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

(1) Ideas

(2) Discussions with suppliers, and thus knowing who is and who is not worth following up or more to the point, avoiding some like they have the plague because they don't know what they are doing

(3) answers to queries - which may be from fellow brewers or suppliers

The results vary from conference to conference. Sometimes I simply don't bother because the cost doesn't seem worth it, but I have to say I am in a rather different situation from most active brewers and suppliers as I only dabble in consultancy as I have retired from full time work
        dick

Comment

This is actually serious

I heard a very emminant brewing scientist say that more than 90% of what constitutes beer foam is the way it is poured and that flavour is dependent on context e.g. glassware, appearance, and environment.

Comment

Working...
          X