Velo operation help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velo operation help!

I wanted to minimize my Velo filter pump output, so I turned it all the way down. Great. Now it's disengaged totally and I can't figure out how to engage the metering dial to the threads that allow the pump to work. Please tell me how to easily engage this adjustment screw to its threads. Stupid design to allow me to fully unscrew the adjustment. Thanks for any help!!
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Sounds like you are talking about the pressure gauge / knob that controls the dosing pump. On ours I believe there are set screws to prevent that from happening to the gauge, if you are talking the entire shaft that the gauge mounts to something may have come unscrewed inside the gear housing or you have a different unit that we do. I have bottomed that out to nothing and had it wide open and both stopped before it unscrewed. My best guess would be that the dosing pump stopped on an in or out stroke and needs to be stopped in a different position to allow you to thread it back on. Let me know I can pull out the manual on ours and take a look at the parts diagram. We have a 2005 7.5 sqmt. Cheers
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Found that the plastic knob that adjusts the dosing pump rate has a set screw which locks it to the shaft. Plastic threads stripped. Need new knob! Or thread another spot for set screw. Thanks for the help Joel!
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
      X