CO2 tanks for brewery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 tanks for brewery

We are starting a small brewery at our Monastery in Arkansas, and are wondering about CO2 is it economical just to use the 20# "Coke" tanks?

thanks
    Br. Basil Taylor, OSB
    Subiaco Abbey

20 # are fine but little small, you could also use the 50#.

What is really more important is, what size brew system are you thinking about, bbl??

Try Foxx Equipment they have some new lower pricing, on both.

We have (2) 450 - 500 lbs tanks.

Gregg

Comment

I think you should consider a standard 750lbs bulk tank. The CO2 will not expire. Whether you are taking the tanks yourself to be swapped/re-filled or if you are having the CO2 company deliver the tanks, the time and cost is worth considering. We are charged a $75 delivery charge everytime we order gas. If you are burning through #20 or #50's, this will certainly add up. Most companies do not charge you for the tank. The CO2 will range between $.27-$.50 per pound. We aren't crazy busy yet and I still get my 750lbs tank filled 1-2 times a month.

Cheers,
      James

Comment

We are operating a 1 BBL brewery with only 2 FV's and 1 BBT. We have a 120# and we have a 10# and a few 5#. We currently use the 120# to push all of our beer around, tap kegs, and any misc jobs needed. We carb with the smaller guys as we can move them around where I need them. We are filling the 120# about every 6 months and the little guys about every month or 2.
        Jason Blair
        MadCow Brewing Company

Comment

Originally posted by gculhane View Post
          20 # are fine but little small, you could also use the 50#.

What is really more important is, what size brew system are you thinking about, bbl??

Try Foxx Equipment they have some new lower pricing, on both.

We have (2) 450 - 500 lbs tanks.

Gregg
          We are starting small to see how much interest there is, also that means not much initial money on the front end since we have land, labor, and a water treatment plant on site.

so to answer your question 1bbl system a couple of brews a week.

Comment

Originally posted by madcowbrewing View Post
            We are operating a 1 BBL brewery with only 2 FV's and 1 BBT. We have a 120# and we have a 10# and a few 5#. We currently use the 120# to push all of our beer around, tap kegs, and any misc jobs needed. We carb with the smaller guys as we can move them around where I need them. We are filling the 120# about every 6 months and the little guys about every month or 2.
            Thanks! that we are just about the same size except 4 fv we went plastic so a lot cheaper with the expectation that we will be expanding in a year or so, or it wont work and we can just use them for wine. I will be looking into a tank that size for the brite.

-br basil taylor, OSB
            Subiaco Abbey

Comment

Sounds like a interesting Project, Fits well a Abby, Monastery brewing Craft Beer. Abby Beer.

I can also give you a couple good vendors, we use now, that we had good luck with.

I would be glad to, help & give sujustion, we also have some nice used equipment.

My personal Email gculhane@sbcglobal.net.

We should Talk.

Sent you a PM.

Gregg

Comment

Working...
              X