what size of chiller to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size of chiller to use

I have currently 2 3.5 bbl fermenter and I am bringing 2 new 6 bbl bright tanks. I have seen many chinese aproach but I really wil like to know the size "HP" cooling BTU or TON suggested etc.

charles

Have a look at the prochiller site, with their calculator. This is good place to start. Inevitably you will get different figures from different suppliers and different users. Some of the variations will be due to levels of insulation and ambient temperatures - so I would always err on the slightly generous side, including room for sensible expansion - nothing worse than having to shell out a second time shortly after installation.
    dick

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by dick murton View Post
      Have a look at the prochiller site, with their calculator. This is good place to start. Inevitably you will get different figures from different suppliers and different users. Some of the variations will be due to levels of insulation and ambient temperatures - so I would always err on the slightly generous side, including room for sensible expansion - nothing worse than having to shell out a second time shortly after installation.

thanks I will check that page

Comment

Working...
      X