Thread: cip cleaning ques

cip cleaning ques

Is 10 gallons of hot water too much/not enough to mix with cleaning solution for cip loop for a 3bbl ferm? just a bit confused as to how much water would be best to run this part of the process with! Thanks

I use 5 gallons for my 5bbl fermenters and 10 gallons for my 6bbl brite and 3bbl kettle. I think 5 gallons works just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardown View Post
    Is 10 gallons of hot water too much/not enough to mix with cleaning solution for cip loop for a 3bbl ferm? just a bit confused as to how much water would be best to run this part of the process with! Thanks
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How to clean the fermenters in a microbrewery

Here some of our experience but for bigger fermenters, hope it helpful for you.

1. Checking the fermentation tank
    Check all the pipe fittings, valves, meters of fermenters and the supply of glycol water, CO2/N2. If no abnormal situation, then ready to fill water.

2. Recirculating by water
    Using city water to wash the fermenter intermittently for 15 minutes.
    Note please: Using small amount water with many times (3 times, 5 minutes for each recirculating) to wash the fermenter. Only when the residual water in tank is absolutely drained out and then the next washing can start, meanwhile maintaining a smooth flow in liquor valve.

3.Recirculating by alkali of 50℃, 5% concentration for recirculating cleaning for 20 minutes, and then recycled.

4.Washing with water again, take same way as the step 2)

5.Washing with Hydrogen peroxide ( 300 -400 PPm )for recirculating cleaning for 20 minutes. Take same way as the step(3).
    During the washing, it is necessary to open the racking port(beer outlet)valve.

It is forbidden to wash fermenters with hot water, hypochlorite, chlorine and other disinfectants containing the Cl – for sterilization.

Here is also extra information to maintain the tanks: http://microbrewerysystem.com/Blog/H...ment__915.html

Jana
    brau@cnbrewery.com