Long storage in yeast bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long storage in yeast bed

I plan build a nano brewery for provide our bar and restaurant. Nowdays i run in a homebrew 1bbl equipament and i try produces in a external brewery for more capacity, but the results were not as expected. So we dicide build our own plant, for give what our costumers want. Our places (and costumers) are kind a fancy, so quality is more important than costs.
    The product should be unfiltered, bottle conditioned. As we do now.
    And another consideration: my family owns a stainless manufacturer. (tanks are relative easy and cheap for me).
    currently my beer stays in same flat bottom fermenter for 4 weeks (2 weeks in primary and secundary fermentation temp. And 2 weeks cold conditioned.) In fews centimeters of beer in fermenter i never saw i sign of autolysis. (Always with super health yeast and temp controled of course).
    I want to keep this schedule and keep the disign of fermenter (we use dry yeast) but i dont know how much high water colum can be without affecting the yeast. Like a yeast pressure limit.
    Racking is nessesary at 4, 8 bbl flat bottom fermenter?

I want design this tanks but i m in dark with size!

Thanks in advance for the information the probrewer brought me these years.

Enviado de meu SM-G110B usando o Tapatalk

When i wrote the question I ended up omitting that:
    We don't brew lagers, just ales.
    Is open fermented although the lid. Without pressure.
    I would like to not transfer if possible.

My main doubt is the relationship between the counting time and the liquid pressure.
    Any help that give a light about when o/w how much pressure autolysis and other bad stuff become a real problem i will be grateful.

I apologize for any language mistakes.

Enviado de meu SM-G110B usando o Tapatalk

Comment

I strongly suggest you put a slope on the bottom of your tanks to allow removal of the majority of the yeast once it has settled. I know from experience in large breweries that you do get some autolysis, as even if you have cooling jackets in contact with the yeast, because it is not moving, it gets overheated and or starved of oxygen and does start to autolyse. It will also make cleaning the tanks easier. When beer is conditioned for long periods in say horizontal tanks, most of the yeast has been removed prior to transfer to the horizontal tank, so you don't get thick layers of yeast.
      dick

Comment

Working...
      X