Help replacing solenoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help replacing solenoids

We got a "turn-key" system from China, and when everything was installed, the new guys put the solenoids right off the ground. They are constantly getting wet from day to day cleaning, and condensation. I have been sealing them with flex seal, but I am running out of solenoids to replace, and I can't find the exact model due to China not really having a brand or part number. I was hoping someone could help identify a replacement.

That looks a lot like one I bought from GW Kent a few years ago.
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

What size are the threaded ports for liquid? What voltage is the coil? These are the only two things you need to know to order new ones.

I use only Asco Red Hat solenoids around the brewery, as it makes stocking repair kits easier.

The Red Hats also have a sealed coil, which will make them last much longer. Use a waterproof connection box and fittings, and Bob's yer uncle!
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
        What size are the threaded ports for liquid? What voltage is the coil? These are the only two things you need to know to order new ones.

I use only Asco Red Hat solenoids around the brewery, as it makes stocking repair kits easier.

The Red Hats also have a sealed coil, which will make them last much longer. Use a waterproof connection box and fittings, and Bob's yer uncle!
        The problem is that everything was hard plumed in, so I can't replace the entire valve assembly, and I need to just switch out the coil. They didn't put shut off valves on each fermenter, so I would have to shut down the entire system while working on each one, and if I have any issues, I'll be down until it's fixed.

I looked at the ones from GW Kent, but can't tell if the coil will fit the current ones. So I sent an email off, to see if they could answer.

Thanks guys.

Comment

My goal is to replace all of the fusion PVC crap with schedule 80 and PEX drops, ASCO solenoids, and Ranco controllers. Unfortunately, business owners don't like spending money unless everything is down.

Comment

I get my coils from Omega Engineering. I'm sure they will have what ya need. www.omega.com

Good luck!

-Scott

Comment

Working...
            X