Centrifugal Purge Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrifugal Purge Solution

Hello all. What are some easy and effective options to purge air from centrifugal pumps? Is there a standard in the industry?
    I'm currently just loosening the output TC a bit and letting the air bleed, it's somewhat sketch at times and i'm looking for a safer solution.
    Just an instrument Tee with a ball valve?

thnks

mtn

Put a tee on the outlet, with a valve on one side. Open the valve until the pump is primed.

Comment

Could just throw a valve on the pump outlet. Pro, a little less bulky than the T; con, you still have to open up what may be a sanitized loop when you wanna flush that air. Having the ability to open/close the output at will comes in handy all sorts of other times, too, to the point where we've just got a valve that lives on our mobile pump.

Comment

Thanks all, a tee with a valve it is.

mtn

Comment

It's not just the pump you should be purging, but the whole line from source to destination vessel - so the purge liquor supply should be on a Tee at the source vessel, and the bleed at the destination vessel
          dick

Comment

I think he meant to prime the pump, not to purge everything of oxygen.

Comment

In addition to above suggestions, be sure the outlet port of the pump is located on top of the volute. I've seen several assembled with the outlet port below the top--impossible to purge fully.
              Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
              Terminal Gravity Brewing,
              Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
              X