Manual Date Coder for Can Bottoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Date Coder for Can Bottoms

We’re looking for a date coder to mark the bottom of cans. We don’t have an inline filler though, so we need something manual-ish. Any recommendations?

Monarch 1110 labeler...

With the convenient "sell by" tags. Works great for me, I can tag a case in less than a minute.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Coding

What did you ever do about coding the bottoms of your cans? Thanks KevinO'Connell

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin O'Connell View Post
        What did you ever do about coding the bottoms of your cans? Thanks KevinO'Connell
        Couldn't find an affordable solution for printing on cans, so I settled for the Monarch labeler route. We just put a sticker on the PakTech.

Comment

manual coder vs stickers

Stickers and labor add up to .03-.05 cents per label applied. There are lots of options for an Inkjet coder that will meet your needs and cost per can printed goes down into the fractions of a cent per can. Initial cost is the consideration factor.

Comment

Your estimate is very high. We buy rolls of 1,000 stickers for $2 and it takes around 15 seconds to label a case. As we do around 30k cans a year, payback time for an inkjet coder is in the decades.

Comment

Estimate is for cost of labels and equipment investment. Once you bought labeler and decided whether to print your own, then its a different game. Are you hand applying labels? If so, what are your time, labor and waste costs?
              At 15 seconds, thats 4 cases a minute. Automated labelers can print and apply labels in the hundreds per minute- just trying to help!

Comment

By the way, refurbished Inkjets are about $4-5000, so I don't think decades.

Comment

Working...
                X