ABS Suitable For Glycol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Suitable For Glycol

So, I’ve decided to do it right and use ABS instead of schedule 80 PVC for my glycol lines, but I can’t seem to find any ABS that is pressure rated and nobody seems to know anything about using ABS for glycol. Most plumbing suppliers don’t carry ANY ABS, anymore. What type of ABS pipe is appropriate and where can I get it?
    Also, I’ve already priced Cool-Fit and the prices I got were crazy compared to ABS and insulation I was looking at.

Thanks!
    -Seth

You wont find any at a regular plumbing supply house or improvement store. It will be something special ordered from a manufacturers rep.
    Durapipe, GF, IPEX are a few that are out there.

Comment

The George Fischer CoolFit ABS is available in both preinsulated (CF+) and without insulation (CF). You're absolutely right that it isn't inexpensive, but it is the right product for the application.

As was mentioned in previous posts on this subject- there are ways to decrease cost by utilizing the CF+ for the main headers and a less expensive material such as uninsulated CF or PEX for the drops to the vessels.

Good luck on your project.

Jim VanderGiessen Jr
      Pro Chiller Systems
      jimvgjr at profrefrigeration.com

Comment

What Jim said ...
        Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
        tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
        "Your results may vary"

Comment

Working...
        X