Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil-Free Air Compressor or Oil-Compressor with filters in-line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil-Free Air Compressor or Oil-Compressor with filters in-line?

What does everyone think of.... comparing oil-free air compressors to the more typical oil utilizing air compressors.

This unit will be fairly small, and only used for our keg washer for purging the first cycle.

Thanks in advance! I am leaning towards an oil-free as I can cart it around and give it plenty of room to breath, and it will not have a huge demand. Were using a single head keg washer and we only have a 7-bbl system.

Cheers!

Oil free, definitely - far less to worry about. The big boys that I have worked with normally still put oil (and water) traps in though.
    dick

Comment

I've got to disagree...

Use a standard reciprocating air compressor and put very good oil filter/coalescing fillter, coarse filter, and ultrafine filter. Maybe even carbon filter if you like. But for the volumes of air that you will need for keg filling, those small & inexpensive oil-less compressors aren't worth it. They don't have the guts to get the job done and they don't last long when over-driven. When you get over 10hp, then you might start looking at scroll compressors. But for reliability & cost effectiveness I will always choose a quality reciprocating machine for smaller capacities.
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Working...
        X