Thread: Canning at your nano

Canning at your nano

Just checking to see how many of you can your beer and what canning equipment you use & your processes. We're a 1 bbl nano with a taproom and our next phase is to have cans avail for take out. We're also weighing the option of a crowler machine but canning would be preferred and take a lot of pressure off our bartenders on busy nights. Thanks & cheers!

How many BBL's a week

How often are you brewing..?
    I would save your money and purchase a larger system, seems like too much labor. Have a 10 bbl system for 40K.
    all the waste in canning you would be lucky enough to get 25 gallons at best.

Lance

Thx for the reply

Thanks man for replying. We're looking for a small 1 or 2 head filler + seamer nothing like a canning line or anything like that. Just enough to get our product out the door. I know some nanos use Oktober Design seamers but we were looking to see if there are other products out there & what other small batch brewers are using & their processes. Agree it's very manual and labor intensive at this scale but other nanos are doing it. This will help us upgrade to a bigger system as well.

Why not bottles?

Buy a couple counter pressure hand fillers for $50 each, a roll label machine, and manual capper. For about $600 total you can be sending your brews out the door.

Do bombers. 42 cents each for the bottle, plus the label is about 15 cents if you purchase 2000 labels at a time.

You can bottle about 200 per hour using this method. Clean up takes 5 minutes. Remove liquid and gas hose, dunk in bucket of sanitizer and you are done.

Canning at your nano

We are canning with and Oktober seamer and a two head filler from express fillers works great. Takes a little time, but less than $3500 spent. Plus cans are the best package for beer.
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Barton View Post
    We are canning with and Oktober seamer and a two head filler from express fillers works great. Takes a little time, but less than $3500 spent. Plus cans are the best package for beer.
    Cheers

Thanks Barton! How long have you been using the Oktober seamer? Is it pretty durable?

Around 6 months, yes it’s very durable. Oktober also sells small quantities of cans and ends. Also I started with a blichmann beer gun.

Canning

Quote Originally Posted by Barton View Post
    Cheers

Which express filler are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by TomCarpenter View Post
    Which express filler are you using?
    I believe it’s model 2100c

I don't know anything about the quality of their equipment but I have been interested in getting more info on this company. They have seamers, can's, labels and CO2 purge....

http://growler-station.com/