No announcement yet.

Mast Landing Brewing Co. – Seeking Experienced Packaging Manager - Portland, ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mast Landing Brewing Co. – Seeking Experienced Packaging Manager - Portland, ME

Mast Landing Brewing Co. – Seeking Experienced Packaging Manager (Immediate Start Date) - Portland, ME

Mast Landing Brewing Company in Westbrook, ME is expanding its production capacity and seeking a qualified and experienced Packaging Manager to join the team.

Mast Landing Brewing Company is in its third year of operations in Westbrook, ME (10 minutes outside Portland, ME). We're currently operating a 7 bbl brewhouse with a current annual production of approximately 4,200 bbls. Plans have been set in motion to substantially increase production in the first half of 2019.

Job Title : Packaging Manager I

Reports to: Director of Brewing Operations

Start Date: Immediate

Pay: Competitive & DOE

Description:

This position has day-to-day oversight of operations in the packaging department, conducts weekly inventory of packaging materials and works with staff to ensure timely delivery of the required quantities of these materials to the brewery.

The Packaging Manager is responsible for coordinating the reporting and analysis of packaging data, including information on QA/QC, yields, labor, and efficiency, developing and executing a preventive maintenance schedule, as well as with quality control and regulatory compliance. In conjunction with the managerial responsibilities of the position, the Packaging Manager will regularly fill production shifts in the brewery.

Responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Daily support to achieve packaging department goals
    • Lead daily packaging meetings to review safety, responsibilities & results
    • Developing execution plans and seeing them through to completion
    • Optimize process improvements and initiatives
    • Provide support for production staff
    • Manage and mentor packaging team
    • Implementation of a Standard Operating Procedures

Desired Skills and Experience:

• Technical experience with packaging equipment or similar packaging systems
    • 2+ years of demonstrated leadership experience
    • Demonstrated problem solving/analytical ability
    • Strong communication, interpersonal, leadership, and team building skills
    • Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment
    • Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a ‘get-it-done, can-do’ attitude
    • Competent in using Microsoft Office
    • Experience with double-seamed cans and canning equipment highly desirable
    • Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi task. The ability to think on your feet and adapt, flexibility is key.
    • Organizational skills and ability to make long range plans and goals
    • Ability to interact professionally and effectively with employees and the general public.
    • Strong reasoning ability and problem solving skills.
    • Strict attention to detail & recordkeeping skills

General Requirements:

• 4 Year college degree or equivalent
    • Flexibility with scheduling and willing to work early mornings, late nights, and weekends as required

Physical Requirements:

• Capable of lifting 55+ lbs multiple times on a daily basis
    • Can work in both hot, cold and wet environments
    • Can work in tight areas while twisting, bending, pulling and pushing
    • Can stand on concrete floors for the duration of shift (8-10 hours)
    • Frequently climb ladders and stairs safely on a daily basis

For Consideration: Please email all resumes and cover letters to jobs@mastlandingbrewing.com

*Please note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.

Mast Landing Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mast Landing Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
    Last edited by MLBC; 08-30-2018, 09:31 AM.
Working...
X