Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WB06 var Diastaticus

Hey guys,

We've had overcarbonation issues with our incubated packaged samples of our Hefe since switching to WB06 and it has had us scratching our heads for some time. 2-3 months in we are seeing nearly a 1 plato drop in package.

So the other day I put into the old google, 'WB06 diastaticus' and to my surprise I found a Fermentis data sheet that states, plain as day that it is var. Diastaticus.

Well this flew under my radar and am still trying to get an answer from our rep when this changed...anyway, thought I'd put it out there for you all.

Now we know *facepalm*

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
    Chairman of the Beer
    Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
    Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
    W: www.lovibonds.com
    F: LovibondsBrewery
    T: @Lovibonds

I heard back from our rep who stated that the yeast has not changed, but this 'new insight' was published in the spring of this year...

Not sure if they also had 'new insight' on these strains as well, but they are confirmed as var. Diastaticus - SafAleā„¢ BE-134 and SafSpiritā„¢ M-1.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
    Chairman of the Beer
    Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
    Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
    W: www.lovibonds.com
    F: LovibondsBrewery
    T: @Lovibonds

Comment

I just attended the Fermentis seminar last week and they confirmed there is diastaticus in WB-06 and one other strain which escapes me. I've had problems with this strain for years and now only use it in beers that are kegged and I know will turn over quickly. I was surprised at their cavalier attitude. Basically, yeah its there. You should probably pasteurize that beer.
      Tim Eichinger
      Visit our website blackhuskybrewing.com

Comment

Diastaticus Best Practices PDF

Hi this is Caroline from Lallemand Brewing and we have developed a "best practices" sheet when detecting/working with diastaticus strains that you may find useful. Just send me an email at cparnin@lallemand.com and i will send it over.
        Cheers,
        Caroline

Comment

Working...
        X