Low Pressure Carbonator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Pressure Carbonator

I used to have a Low pressure carbonator back in Scotland (unfortunately I don't know the company name and Google hasn't helped). Basically it draws the beer out of the brite adds CO2 and returns it to the tank. It is great for small volumes - say 6HL - and carbs up in less than an hour.

Is there any sort of similar unit sold in the US?

Thanks
    Last edited by Hirsty; 09-04-2018, 08:38 AM.

Originally posted by Hirsty View Post
    I used to have a Low pressure carbonator back in Scotland (unfortunately I don't know the company name and Google hasn't helped). Basically it draws the beer out of the brite adds CO2 and returns it to the tank. It is great for small volumes - say 6HL - and carbs up in less than an hour.

Is there any sort of similar unit sold in the US?

Thanks
    Only one I've seen is for Homebrew:

Homebrewing brewing Equipment | Blichmann Engineering Whether you're a novice brewer or an experienced professional, Blichmann Engineering has the quality brewing equipment you need.

Comment

You can recirc thru a pinpoint carbonator. The outlet hose needs to be a foot long for every bbl per hour you run. GW Kent sells a reasonably priced model.
      Joel Halbleib
      Partner / Zymurgist
      Hive and Barrel Meadery
      6302 Old La Grange Rd
      Crestwood, KY
      www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll check them out but I'll avoid GW Kent as they have the worst customer care that I have experienced in my life.

Comment

Never had a problem with Kent. You can certainly pay $5000 more for essentially the same unit from Whitman. If you think they are bad you have never dealt with St Pats, at least they are clear now that they do not answer any calls. Hah.
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

I might be wrong but I’d put a few bucks on a bet that you used a Czech Moravek CO2 plant in Scotland. Not sure if they have a US distributor. Google might know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X