Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you need any approvals for irrigation and spreading of sludge from wwt on farms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you need any approvals for irrigation and spreading of sludge from wwt on farms

Hello ProBrewer Team:
    Things have been moving along here @ Ward 1 Brewing Co, and for that I thank you very much!!
    We are currently ironing out some of the issues that the township is hoping there has been a precedent set so they don't have to.
    We will be side steaming as much as possible. With much of the yeast, trub, and spent grain going to a local pig farmer (tiny farm).
    1) Irrigation : Post treatment water will be cleaner than in coming water- property isn't big enough for all water to be used for irrigation, but for the percentage that is, what kind of approval would be needed. Or would it be more of an ongoing testing until someone is happy and says ok? I'm not sure why the township is concerned this is a great option.
    2) Spreading the sludge on Local Farmers Fields.
    There will be no pathogens in the sludge and it is actually quite beneficial as a fertilizer. Who has the say ( in your area) as to both transporting and spraying or spreading the sludge?
    Would this also be an ongoing thing or once we prove there are no pathogens we are set?
    Please pull no punches as this is all very new to our township ad they are just trying to see what others are doing before they say yes or no.
    I do really like the was this wwt systems sounds we are even piping the water into all toilets on the property ( 6 motels, 2 apts) to save on water going back to our septic. @ 10,000l /day the big environmental boys step in and we (ward1 + landlords) are trying to avoid this)
    Thank you all so very much, the dream is getting closer and this is going to be a very green brewery which make me and the neighbors happy!
    Any input welcome,
    Ian Leis
    Ward1BrewingCo.
    Ian Leis
    Brewer/ Owner
    Ward1BrewingCo.

In the US, if a treatment system is licensed, land disposal of wastewater biosolids is often regulated. That regulation is typically regardless of the presence of infectious agents. The main regulatory focus is typically heavy metals and phosphorus content. The other focus is assuring that storm runoff isn't carrying pollutants off the land into waterways.
    WaterEng
    Engineering Consultant

Comment

Working...
    X