Thread: Food Truck Rental Rates?

Food Truck Rental Rates?

We're transitioning from rotating food trucks to a permanent food truck in the near future. We've never charged food trucks for the space before, but this truck is also delivering food to the surrounding neighborhood 7 days a week. Rental seems appropriate for the situation. Does anyone have methods for calculating the value of a parking space? Anyone willing to share what they charge, if at all?

Depends how much they're making

Quote Originally Posted by 4thTapStecker View Post
    We're transitioning from rotating food trucks to a permanent food truck in the near future. We've never charged food trucks for the space before, but this truck is also delivering food to the surrounding neighborhood 7 days a week. Rental seems appropriate for the situation. Does anyone have methods for calculating the value of a parking space? Anyone willing to share what they charge, if at all?

I've never charged anything for our food trucks any time we've had them come out, though that is only sporadically.

I would talk to your food truck owner to be honest. They may be interested in a percentage share rather than flat fee. That being said, I wouldn't want to charge them anything unless they are actually putting a ton of business through the truck. Margins are tight on those trucks, which is why if you want to charge something, it may be more feasible for them to split profits 80/20 with you or something to use the space that way you share in the low and highs of the week.

I dunno, just a thought!
    Last edited by quijiba; 02-12-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes