Thread: Trump Tariffs on imported Chinese brew tanks?

Trump Tariffs on imported Chinese brew tanks?

anybody know one way or another on this one? i've seen alot of articles with random stuff like washing machines, iphones, cars, auto parts, and then raw materials like rolled steel, aluminum stock, etc. but havent been able to actually find an answer about our fermenters which are getting on the boat right about now.

hoping we dont get kicked in the nuts by 25% hike.

anyone get some chinese gear in past few weeks that can state whether the tariffs apply to brew equipment?

According to the BA, there are tariffs that would effect the brewing industry in consideration. These would be on kegs, tap handles, centrifuges, pressure reducing valves, etc. Tanks are not on the list.

https://www.brewersassociation.org/t...te-of-tariffs/

Quote Originally Posted by jebzter View Post
    According to the BA, there are tariffs that would effect the brewing industry in consideration. These would be on kegs, tap handles, centrifuges, pressure reducing valves, etc. Tanks are not on the list.

Thanks for posting this link. I was thinking the same thing as the original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by jebzter View Post

Thank god. That would have hurt. Alot. I heard theyre asking for new round of talks with the Chinese, so hopefully nothing happens in the new 3 weeks while our boat's in the water.

Safe. For now.....

well i just got our bill from CBP and there is a duty levied that is exactly 10% of the invoice amount of the tanks.

so yeah, it looks like president very good brain has screwed us good. i guess it could be worse, like 25%. still sucks.

Hey brain medicine--I saw you got a 10% tariff on your tanks. A few questions to clarify what happened to you as we're considering chinese FVs very soon and a 10% (or maybe soon 25%) tariff could change our whole approach. Questions:

*Was it fermentation tanks or kettle/tun?
    *Jacketed?
    *Do you know what tariff code they were imported under? May matter. Examples of what I've read/heard:

Code 7309.00.00 = tanks over 300L, but NOT fitted with mechanical or thermal systems. This one is on the Trump list, but theoretically glycol jackets exclude jacketed FVs, with all their fittings, from this code.
    Code 7310.10.00 = tanks less than 300L (kegs)...this ones on the Trump list, but FVs are too big for this one
    Code 8438.40.00 = brewery equipment--this ones not even on the list for the new tariffs and seems like the obvious one to use.

I'm trying to get a hold of a customs broker to help on this one, but haven't gotten there yet, saw this thread, and figured I'd ask. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaluskap View Post
    Hey brain medicine--I saw you got a 10% tariff on your tanks. A few questions to clarify what happened to you as we're considering chinese FVs very soon and a 10% (or maybe soon 25%) tariff could change our whole approach. Questions:

*Was it fermentation tanks or kettle/tun?
    *Jacketed?
    *Do you know what tariff code they were imported under? May matter. Examples of what I've read/heard:

Code 7309.00.00 = tanks over 300L, but NOT fitted with mechanical or thermal systems. This one is on the Trump list, but theoretically glycol jackets exclude jacketed FVs, with all their fittings, from this code.
    Code 7310.10.00 = tanks less than 300L (kegs)...this ones on the Trump list, but FVs are too big for this one
    Code 8438.40.00 = brewery equipment--this ones not even on the list for the new tariffs and seems like the obvious one to use.

I'm trying to get a hold of a customs broker to help on this one, but haven't gotten there yet, saw this thread, and figured I'd ask. Thanks!!

they were fermenters. they were listed as 7310.29 which is less than 300L, but thats incorrect. you could try using the 8438.40 for brewery equipment, but they may not accept that for everything. your tanks might go as "tanks" of some sort, and only your brewhouse would be exempt. hard to say.

i'm going to look into having ours disputed and see if we can get it back. i think its pretty easy to argue that (a) the glycol jackets are thermal systems, and (b) this is brewery equipment.

hopefully we didnt wait too long to catch the mistake. will post back when we hear about possible resolutions.

Interesting stuff, thanks guys. I'm about to place an order for a BH, FVs and BBTs from Gavin. I've been worried about the potential 25%. I can deal with 10% but 25% would hurt a lot!

Hello, friend,
    Don’t worry. The taxes haven’t effect beer brewing equipment yet, don’t know after February.
    We just export to USA, the customer the taxes haven’t go up.
    By the way, do you need a quotation as reference? Glad to quote for you.
    Best regards
    Alice
    E: alice@qhbeerequipment.com
    P: 008615505412086

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk