what is a good PH meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is a good PH meter

I am looking to buy a Hanna HI 9813-6 Portable pH/EC/TDS/Temperature Meter not sure if is the right choice. any suggestions.

thanks

I bought this and its seams to work fine
    Last edited by brewmaster 2011; 09-20-2018, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
      tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
      "Your results may vary"

Comment

We have always had good luck with Hach, this guy lives by the brewhouse:

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

ph meter

I contacted hack and the refer me to a local person totally lost. let see what price they came with. if not I will go with the hanna. I like the brand becasue my daughter name is hannah. But if it cost an arm an a leg I will look some place else.

thanks to all for the inputs, getting close for my first comercial batch

Comment

I just bought a milwaukee 102 after reading reviews and getting suggestions from different forums. Its one of the tried and true models out there thats very reasonably priced with replaceable probes. (The probes only last about 2 years im told and less if you use them in higher temps regardless of the ATC function)

Comment

Originally posted by theaviator View Post
              I contacted hack and the refer me to a local person totally lost
              You can buy Hach straight from their website - no dealer needed.
              Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
              tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
              "Your results may vary"

Comment

hack too expensive

I got a quote of $936.00 plus local tax. too expensive I was willing to spend in the 300 to 400 range. it seems the hanna will be the one. I will compare with the hack portable. but for sure will be buying in the US not locally.

thanks
                Charles

Comment

Something to consider is that the fundamental of good pH measurement is the electrode. Meters all use a similar electronics so, if you are working to a budget, my advice would be to buy a good, branded, second-user meter and fit a new electrode.

For example a second-user Mettler SevenEasy can be bought for ~$200 and a new pH electrode would be around the same ( here in the UK we use Russell electrodes - www.rmsupply.co.uk )

Comment

MW102 pH meter on sale

Not sure if this is ok for me to post here, but we have the Milwaukee MW102 on sale right now. Get $10 off with coupon code: MW102

Russ Romme
                    Water Treatment Systems & Supplies www.BuckeyeHydro.com
                    Info@buckeyehydro.com 513-312-2343

Comment

Hanna no good

I would stay away from Hanna. We purchased the that is listed on GWKent and the probe kept wearing our or breaking incredibly fast and we did not abuse it at all and followed all the recommended care instructions. They replaced the first one for free which had lasted about 5 months then the second one lasted less than a month, only 3 uses! They wouldn't replaced that one. I know I will never use that company again.

Comment

Working...
                      X