Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Have Experience Exiting Hop Contracts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Have Experience Exiting Hop Contracts???

Probably not the right section for this but does anyone have experience exiting hop contracts? Looking for any attorneys that have worked this topic or breweries with experience in this matter. Displeased with our supplier and would like to try exiting our contract. Any help appreciated.

It may just be easier trying to find someone to take over the contract. This time of the year is when everyone is scrambling to grab hops from peoples contracts.

Comment

Can I ask how many bbls/yr you're producing? If you're producing less than 2,000 I would say just ride it out and try to sell off as much as you can to other breweries. Under 2,000, I would say avoid contracts and just buy off spot lists or Lup Ex. I would generally say avoid using expensive or sought after varieties for flagship brands, and normalize bittering additions with low cohumulone between brands to save money and time. Obviously this isn't always possible, but if you can ride out your contract and sell it off as fast as possible, that will probably be cheaper than going through the legal process.

Comment

Working...
      X