Glassware suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glassware suggestions

I'm opening a nano and am to the point of considering glassware. Small startup, limited capital in a small town. I'll have a very small taproom with a large outdoor beer garden. Looking for suggestions on glassware. What are people using in a beer garden setting? While I'll likely upgrade in the future, what is a good one-glass "quiver" for a small taproom? Where are people buying glassware? There must be a rule of thumb for how many glasses I should need...x number of glasses per seat, or something like that? I'm the first brewery in a small town, so I'm not dealing with overly sophisticated craft beer drinkers.

Originally posted by phishheadmi View Post
    I'm opening a nano and am to the point of considering glassware. Small startup, limited capital in a small town. I'll have a very small taproom with a large outdoor beer garden. Looking for suggestions on glassware. What are people using in a beer garden setting? While I'll likely upgrade in the future, what is a good one-glass "quiver" for a small taproom? Where are people buying glassware? There must be a rule of thumb for how many glasses I should need...x number of glasses per seat, or something like that? I'm the first brewery in a small town, so I'm not dealing with overly sophisticated craft beer drinkers.
    I get glasses from www.webstaurantstore.com

We have a 20 seat tap room (8 bar seats). I got 100 glasses. Probably won't be enough but ill have the 3 bay sink ready to go for washing.

Comment

You can sink a whole heap of money into glassware and you really shouldn't as a start up. Branded glasses are cool, but people steal them left right and center. Get yourself a good quantity of the standard 16oz Libby glasses from Webstaurant or wherever and use those, especially if you're the first place in town, as you can easily add additional glassware styles as you grow but for starting out you want a decent glass you can serve just about anything.

Get a small order of branded glasses and sell them as merch if you like. Also get yourself a package or two of the 16oz clear plastic cups if you expect to have a lot of outside service - they serve double duty as extras when you can't keep up with washing, and also as you hit last orders send everything out in plastic to save adding extra washing up time at the end of the night. I've been to a fair few successful breweries now who do exactly this, it's a pretty smart tactic and can save you a lot of time at the end of the night after everyone else has left.

Comment

Working...
      X