Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Volume CO2 regulator for packaging lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Volume CO2 regulator for packaging lines?

At our brewery we sometimes package off an entire 100 barrel bright tank in a single work day. To accomplish that within a reasonable amount of time we often run our keg and can fillers simultaneously from separate ports on the tank. In order to maintain adequate head pressure on the bright tank we have to set the regulator several psi above the desired head pressure and frequently adjust that setting as it gets too high or too low.

Our bulk CO2 tank is capable of providing more than enough flow and pressure. I'm looking for specific recommendations for a regulator that will cover our needs or of industry experts to contact. Cost will factor heavily into any purchase we make.

We are looking to maintain constant 15-17 psi of head pressure while moving beer out of the tank at around 15 gallons per minute. Our CO2 supply comes in from a 3/4" pipe at about 100 psi

Thank you!

I use high-flow regulators made by Rego Cryogenic. I use either 1" or 3/4". I buy them from US Cryogenics. 360-600-5526. Mark at USC has been very good to work with and has saved us $$$ by providing re-built regulators that are as good as new.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Also - take a look at ABE's watchdog (or other similar devices) to take the guesswork out of dialing in your head pressure. This CO2 solenoid controller will ensure your tank's head pressure remains the same regardless of your canning or kegging pace. For instance, if you take a break between pallets of kegs or the canning guys/gals take a lunch break but the kegging continues on you won't have to adjust your regulator at all to maintain the same head pressure. Also, we attribute consitent FOB during canning to the use of this device.

Cheers,
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by BemidjiBrewing View Post
        Also - take a look at ABE's watchdog (or other similar devices) to take the guesswork out of dialing in your head pressure. This CO2 solenoid controller will ensure your tank's head pressure remains the same regardless of your canning or kegging pace. For instance, if you take a break between pallets of kegs or the canning guys/gals take a lunch break but the kegging continues on you won't have to adjust your regulator at all to maintain the same head pressure. Also, we attribute consitent FOB during canning to the use of this device.

Cheers,
        Tom
        Do you have a link to the actual device? No one seems to have any info on this mystical device.

Comment

I'll give a vigorous second on the ABE Watchdog.

To clarify, the Watchdog monitors the pressure at the outlet of the vessel--where you're packaging from. It adjusts the head pressure to keep the outlet pressure the same as volume--therefore static head pressure--in the tank decreases.

In your case, I'd swap out the regulator and solenoid valve for 3/4" units.

I think you'll have to call American Beer Equipment to find out about it--they don't seem to list it on their site. Ours came with our canning line, but we use it all over the brewery now.

Here's my review of the unit: https://discussions.probrewer.com/sh...control-praise!
          Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
          Terminal Gravity Brewing,
          Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
          X