Brewed an IPA, of 1.064, at 1.020 after 4 days, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewed an IPA, of 1.064, at 1.020 after 4 days, help

Og was 1.064, using us05 yeast, temp was holding at 70 for 2 days but then the room temp dropped and ferm temp dropped to 55... after 4 days it's at 1.020 and last time it was 1.014 after 4 days. Should I be majorly concerned with this? Will bumping the temp back up to 70 degrees for a few days get me back to my normal gravity? Off flavors to worry about? Thanks

It really seems like you're in over your head on alot of these things you're posting. Do you have any breweries nearby you could sit down with and go over some of these things? I think it would be very valuable to talk to someone in person.

Comment

Probably worth warming up and rousing to stir the settled yeast back in. You might well need to partially repitch with fresh yeast, or with some from another batch of IPA.

Re flavour - only you know what it should taste like. In a bigger brewery we would blend out the final beer at least 50:50 with another "normal" batch, depending on flavour. Worth considering if you have space.
      dick

Comment

Working...
      X