Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of oxidation in sight tube

Hello,
    I have been noticing for some a little while recently that our bright tank sight tubes show signs of oxidation. I get the same color there as in beer I let oxidize. We have tried to cover the tubes up between transfer and packaging to avoid light but it doesn't seem to be having an effect which is why I think is oxidation. Does anyone else see issues like that? My best guesses are that there is residual PAA left there and since the sight tube is so small the effect is more noticeable. Or that it is not getting purged well, but we do a pretty long purge (can elaborate). Can I try reducing the concentration of PAA and cycling longer or would that reduce efficacy? Right now it runs from our stand pipe to the top of the CIP arm, is there any way to force CO2 in that direction?

Thanks

If it's some sort of plastic, then every plastic sight glass tube I have ever seen eventually discolours to some extent. Bright beer ones less than unfiltered beer tanks. And when iodophor was allowed, and therefore used - mainly for bright beer plant, they were even worse.

Even glass ones can discolour, this time definitely due to fouling, which is not removed due to poor flow rates when cleaning. Again plastic tubes discolour more quickly than glass.
    dick

Comment

I don't mean the sight tube discolored I mean the actual beer in it discolored.

Comment

What color is "dis"color?

Don't understand what is the problem. DIScolor? As in....? "...show signs of oxidation..." As in darker? Do you have any references to objectively compare your beer color? Could be as simple as daylight vs. poor light. Oxidation isn't your problem.
        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
        X