Thread: Biofine use after carbonation?

Biofine use after carbonation?

Hi folks
    I'm aiming for reasonably clear beer in keg, without using animal-based fining or months of settling, so Biofine Clear seems a good possible option.
    I'm also hoping to use spunding to help with some or all of the CO2 in our beers.
    Anyone know of Biofine Clear will still work its magic if we add it inline to carb'd beer? (or into the bright tank before transfer)?
    Cheers

yes

Short answer is yes. I add Biofine Clear inline during transfer from FV to BBT and although I do not having spunding device, my beer has usually picked up plenty of CO2 in the FV and clears up brilliantly. It's all about thoroughly mixing the Biofine into the beer. I had a tank just last week that didn't clear up for some reason after being fully carbonated to 2.6 vol/CO2 and I ended up dosing it with more Biofine through the sprayball. That tank cleared perfectly after 2 more days and stayed fully carbonated (see my post in this forum from a couple weeks ago for details). So, from my experience, yes it can work very well on carbonated beer.

Yes, I spunding all my beers and use biofine to clarify them, If carbonation levels need topping up I do it a few days after adding biofine when everything is settled at the bottom of the tank. Works every time!

Thanks folks, much appreciated. There’s a beer here, if you find yourself in the KC-ish area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk