Recommended Bittering Hops Extracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Bittering Hops Extracts

Wondering if anyone has a favorite hops extract they like to use for bittering. Hoping for something that's added to the kettle and is low in CoHumulone, or at least consistent with its CoHumulone %.

CO2 Extract for bittering

Simcoe has been the smoothest I have used
    Good success with Warrior too

In general I find that bittering with extract in general, when compared to and equivalent alpha dose of T90, will come off as lower perceived bitterness. Theory behind this is that quality extract has less humulinones that may contribute to lingering bitterness. That said I have found lower CO-H extract tends to have less perceived bitterness than other higher CO-H extract varieties.
    Honestly I will vary the extract based on what I’m looking for, a little lingering bitterness in the right beer isn’t always bad and can provide a balance

Comment

check out Flex - FLEX is for use per bittering, pourable at room temperature.
      Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
        check out Flex - FLEX is for use per bittering, pourable at room temperature.
        Yes, I'd been looking into Flex. Wondering what its co-humulone fraction is, however. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Woolsocks View Post
          Yes, I'd been looking into Flex. Wondering what its co-humulone fraction is, however. Anyone know?
          shoot me a DM (with email address) and I'll get the right info for you.
          Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

Comment

Working...
          X