Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried Humuflor Hop Essence by John Fearless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried Humuflor Hop Essence by John Fearless?

Just as the title says, I'm looking to find out what peoples experiences with Humuflor by John Fearless was like. Have their product on the way, but wanted to prepare some by hearing about how other's beers made with this product turned out.

Cheers!

Originally posted by BusanBrewing View Post
    Just as the title says, I'm looking to find out what peoples experiences with Humuflor by John Fearless was like. Have their product on the way, but wanted to prepare some by hearing about how other's beers made with this product turned out.

Cheers!
    it does what it says. gives a boost of hop flavor/aroma. good for correcting beers where you didnt get the impact you were hoping for out of your hops. water based, so easy to mix into the beer.

only used their generic hop flavor. think it was cascade based. i know they now offer a few different varietals now but havent tried any others.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Our brewery is in East Asia and most aroma hops out this way are awful expensive (shipping, customs, etc...) and we are trying to find innovative ways to get more punch out of an IPA without losing all of our margins.

The Cascade hop substitute that you've used, could you describe what flavors you perceived? Was it just like cascade hops or something a little different?

Comment

It definitely had a west coast/ old school “micro” flavor. If it was in fact cascade based, id say it was pretty right on.

Lets put it this way, they now ha e specific varietals and i would not hesitate to order some of them.

One other avenue id say you might wanna check out is the company Kelsec. They have some hop extracts that are blends for different flavors like tropical, west coast, etc. Ive only used the citra type one, and while it wasn’t actually citra flavor, it was definitely in the ball park. Used as a small flavor boost, with maybe some humuflour and some actual hops i think you could do a pretty good beer if you just get the combos and ratios down.

Id also investigate tropical stouts. Its a style id never heard of until recently, but seems like it could be a good seller. I cant fathom it but folks in mexico drink stouts and porters even in the heat. Im guessing east Asia could be similar.

Comment

Working...
        X