Cost to Move Your Brewery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to Move Your Brewery?

We’ve got a 15bbl Brewhouse with 9 FV (8 are 30 bbl) and 2 BT. After 5 years in the original brewery, we’re getting short of space and will probably have to find a bigger space within the next 2 years. We’re currently in about 7000 sf between 2 buildings. We’re doing about 3,000 bbls/year currently. Just wondering if there are any brewery owners that have moved their brewery and what we can expect with respect to the cost of moving tanks and the brewhouse. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you planned down time as it'll take a while to decommission move and recommision in the new location.

Rent to be paid at both locations?

Is the intent to fill all your FV's, then move the hot side? Commission hot side then start to move FV's over as they are emptied?

The other fun part is how quickly can you get the brewery up and running once you've moved it.

Staggering things is great unless you are moving your glycol system too - or you'll need a second glycol system to keep tanks at both locations going.

Lowering those larger tanks onto flat bed truck - transport - lifting at other end... cradles, truck hire. cranes...

Costs will vary largely on above plus a heap of other factors too I suspect.

Floor drainage all sorted at new spot prior? etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Brewer View Post
      We’ve got a 15bbl Brewhouse with 9 FV (8 are 30 bbl) and 2 BT. After 5 years in the original brewery, we’re getting short of space and will probably have to find a bigger space within the next 2 years. We’re currently in about 7000 sf between 2 buildings. We’re doing about 3,000 bbls/year currently. Just wondering if there are any brewery owners that have moved their brewery and what we can expect with respect to the cost of moving tanks and the brewhouse. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Hi Desert Brewer,
      Don’t neglect your state and federal paperwork for any move or change of premises. Governmental disapproval will delay you longer than almost any other logistic hurdle. Planning and staging the move of an operating brewery is as big of a job as the actual physical shuffle. I would first legally establish the new space as a warehousing point with the feds, stock it up with several months worth of product that can be drawn on to supply your accounts, then begin the move of equipment. Your market won’t wait for you.
      Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
      X